All my pregnancy apps, the pregnancy blogs and articles, and pinterest were telling me I should start planning and packing my hospital bags. I had just over two months before Henry was to arrive.
I took my 4 year old brother to the dollar store, to grab things for our toiletries bag. He thought he needed to put something in the bag, since he would visit us at the hospital. I bought him a Humpty Dumpty book, and added it to the bag.
On Tuesday, April 8th, I told my paternal grandmother that story, I expected her to think it was cute that my brother wanted to add his book to my bag. Instead, she found it absolutely hilarious that I was packing my bags, two months early. I tried to explain that I was just STARTING to gather things, to pack, and that I planned on having the bag packed by the end of April, it just made her laugh harder. "Why can't you just pack your things when it's time to go have the baby?" She asked, between fits of laughter. "I don't want to be worrying that I forgot anything. I want to just be able to grab the bags and go." Apparently, she still found it funny. I was afraid she was about to fall in the floor, she was laughing so much.
I took my 4 year old brother to the dollar store, to grab things for our toiletries bag. He thought he needed to put something in the bag, since he would visit us at the hospital. I bought him a Humpty Dumpty book, and added it to the bag.
On Tuesday, April 8th, I told my paternal grandmother that story, I expected her to think it was cute that my brother wanted to add his book to my bag. Instead, she found it absolutely hilarious that I was packing my bags, two months early. I tried to explain that I was just STARTING to gather things, to pack, and that I planned on having the bag packed by the end of April, it just made her laugh harder. "Why can't you just pack your things when it's time to go have the baby?" She asked, between fits of laughter. "I don't want to be worrying that I forgot anything. I want to just be able to grab the bags and go." Apparently, she still found it funny. I was afraid she was about to fall in the floor, she was laughing so much.
I love my Nanny Nina Lee. She's so cute!
![]() |
| My silly Nanny, who thought I was packing, too soon |

No comments:
Post a Comment