Friday, May 9, 2014

Morning Sickness, and Moving AGAIN

I started getting morning sickness when we moved from our old, cute, spidery house. (October 1, 2013)
We moved to a small, basement apartment, owned by a friend of mine.
The morning sickness was awful... or maybe I was just a big baby. Regardless, I stayed in bed, most of the time.
I couldn't keep anything down, I didn't really want anything, anyway.
I forced myself to eat crackers and ginger snaps. I didn't really like ginger, but it was supposed to calm my stomach.. I devoured queasy-pops and peppermints. Nothing really helped. 
(Don't even get me started on unsolicited advice. Hint: When talking to a pregnant woman about her morning sickness, just assume she's heard it ALL. Just look sorry & offer to clean her house for her.)
I finally just accepted the sickness, and looked forward to throwing-up, as that made the nausea subside, for a short time.
I did spend a lot of time playing Skyrim (geek alert) and phone tetris.
I must have slept a lot more than I realized, because I look back and wonder what I actually did all day long.
We had been half-heartedly searching for a house. We didn't plan to move, any time soon. We assumed we'd have the baby and live there, for a while.
A nice house showed up on the realtor site, just minutes from my parents' house, with 10 acres. It was a foreclosure, so the price was incredible. We jumped on that deal, and ended up with a new house, just a couple of months after moving into the apartment.

Our new home! A cute house with 10 acres of field and woods.

One of the neatest things was that the property had another old house on it. We found out that house was built by my great grandfather. My grandma had lived there, as a little girl! The old cabin isn't livable, as is but it can be fixed and used as a little summer cabin, for entertaining or what-have-you.


My great grandfather built this old cabin, and it just happened to be part of the property we bought!


Moving into the new house coincided perfectly with the end of my morning sickness. Life was great, and kept getting better! I started planning baby room ideas, and we lived happily ever after.
(That just means I'm too tired to write anymore. It's bed time)

No comments:

Post a Comment