I grew up, hearing about crazy pregnancy cravings. (Everyone asked me if I was wanting pickles and ice cream, because apparently, that is a funny joke. It's not. Especially after the 56284th time.)
I remember wanting brown beans and ham, with macaroni & cheese, and cornbread. All mixed together. That's not weird, though. Not for me. I always want that. #Shameless
I ate whole cantaloupes with ice cream spoons. I devoured bags of clementines, grapes, strawberries, celery, sugar snap peas, salad... all that healthy stuff. Not because it was healthy (are you kidding? Hah!) but because I wanted it.
I did go through a phase where I thought I could kill for a big, warm, salty pretzel. I was ecstatic when I discovered that my local coffee shop baked and sold them!
One day, I wanted one of those strawberry shortcake twinkie cakes. Whatever they're called. Unfortunately, all we had were plain Twinkies. So, naturally, I poured strawberry milk powder all over them. My husband said, "Yep, you're pregnant!" As if it wasn't official, until I ate weird stuff.
A few weeks later, I fried some apple nutrigrain bars. Yes. I said FRIED. In BUTTER. It was delicious.
My husband, who is notorious for repeating jokes, said, "Yep, you're pregnant!" Isn't he cute? (eye roll)
Oh, and I made him take me to Silver Dollar City, just for some of their apple dumplings. He's a good'ern.
No comments:
Post a Comment