Thursday, April 4, 2013

My Help

A few days ago, I was catching up on some laundry & doing some spring cleaning. I started feeling a bit overwhelmed, because we have just a bit more than a month before his grandma comes to stay 2 months with us. We have to clear out the other bedroom, move to the other bedroom, and get rid of a room full of old STUFF.
I was getting anxious, on the verge of meltdown, when I called my husband into the room.
"Anthony, I don't think we are ready to have a baby. There's no point in trying to conceive."

"What are you talking about? I thought you wanted a baby?"

"I do, but I can't do EVERYTHING while I'm pregnant! What is going to happen when I'm close to my due date and unable to get around and do laundry, dishes, sweep, clean the toilet, and all that??"

He said, "Come here." Then he pulled me close for a hug, patted back, and said the sweetest thing he could come up with. (I'm thinking he's about to say, "Don't worry, I'll take care of everything...")

Here's what I got:
"We'll figure it out."

I couldn't ask for more. At least he entertains me!

No comments:

Post a Comment